Dr. Nilius graduated with his MD in Germany (RUB; Bochum) and France (Louis-Pasteur-University) in 1993 and his DMD 1999 in Munich.
- From 1999 to 2004, he attended the University-Hospital Bochum, Freiburg and Zurich for cranio-maxillofacial surgery and received his DDS in computer assisted maxillofacial surgery 2004 in Hanover.
- Dr. Nilius has been a visiting surgeon in maxillofacial surgery clinics in different european countries. Within the medical license for Spain and England
- Dr. Nilius has been Chairman of the European Institute for facial and dental aesthetics,[EUGEZA Birmingham; Dortmund] since 2005 and Director of the Niliusklinik in Dortmund (www.niliusklinik.de).
- Since 1994 Dr. Nilius has been participant of the Operation Smile International, Romania, he organized facial-reconstructive programs all over the world.
- Dr. Nilius has been awarded: the Annual award for Chemistry of the German “Jugend-Forscht”-Association, the Annual Dentsply-Prize of the German Association for Dentistry and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (DGZMK/BZÄK 2000), as well as presenting Best-Prize-Scientific-Poster during the NB-World-Tour Germany (Dresden 2006), NB-WT BeNeLux (Maastricht 2008) and Best-Poster Worldwide (Las Vegas 2007), 2nd Prize Scientific-Poster (SIC-Academy-Award, Vienna 2014).