Dr. Alfonso Caiazzo received his dental degree at the University of Naples, Italy, in 1991. He went through a residency program in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery at TUFTS University in Boston, USA from 1993 to 1997. He was clinical instructor at the same University in the department of oral surgery in 1998. From 1997 to 1999 he did a fellowship in Implant dentistry at the New York University, New York USA.
- He is Visiting Assistant Professor of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in the Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine (Boston University)
- He is member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2015-2016: President Elect of the Italian society of oral surgery and implant dentistry (SICOI)
- Founding member of the IAO (Italian Academy of Osteointegration)
- 2017-2018: Vice President IAO (Italian Academy of Osteointegration)
- Certified in Wilckodontics
- He is Fellow of the European Federation of Oral Surgery Societies (EFOSS)
- He is founding member of the European Society of Dental & Craniofacial Stem Cells (ESDCSC)
- 2015: Co-editor of the book Orthodontically Driven Corticotomy, Wiley-Blackwell
- 2015: Co-author of the chapter Implant dentistry in Oral Surgery for the General Dentist, Wiley-Blackwell
- Author of several articles in International Journals
- Editorial Board member of Advances in Dentistry and Oral Health (ADOH)
His office is located in Salerno, Italy, and his practice is limited to oral surgery and Implant dentistry.